Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Case of the next door neighbor (part three)

Tess was a stay at home mom. Well for the most part.she ran a consulting firm. The firm mostly did back ground check usually for non prophets. This was a compromise with her husband.
Her husband was old fashioned. He wanted her to be a stay at home mom. She had been in the military and liked to work.
  There was a saying,tessi did not have to go looking for trouble,trouble found tessi. At the next house,a man tried to break in. A young wife was forced to open fire killing the man.
The police arrived almost immediately. The police and crime scene unit collected evidence. They interviewed witnesses.they canvases the neighborhood.
Detective Morgan and his partner detective Greer returned to the station. "Detectives good! We have identified the deceased would be home invader. "The chief said.
"Who is it?"Greer asked. "Micheal Aden Glover , age 29. He has been in and out of jail and probation . he is a petty criminal. Everything from shop lifting to pick poket,breaking and entering and the like. " the chief said .
"This might be a robbery gone bad."Greer said. "Never trust the obvious conclusion. Sometimes they lie. "Morgan said. "While that is quite a clinical view he has a point. I want you to go to Glover"s apartment. "The chief said.
The two detectives went to the apartment where Glover lived .the superintendent of the building opened the door.
The apartment had a kitchel,living room bed room and bathroom. The apartment was spartin. There was a glass table and a recliner. That was it. The place hardly felt lived in.
They looked around. All over the house was tons of pictures. The pictures were all of tess. There was teas at the playground,tess at the super market. Tess at church. The whole unit was a shrine dedicated to tess.
"Oh my!.Greer said. "We need to contact the chief now! The senior detective said.
  Tess answered the door. She recognized the man. It was Josh tester. Tester was an independent journalist. He studied charity and non prophets. "Come on in. Cofee?"she asked. He had coffee with cream and surger they Sat down.
"So what do you have on the Sudan relief fund?"she asked. "The charity itself is really good. All donations go to help the people of south Sudan."she said. "Why do I sense a but?"she asked.
"There seams to be an interlocking cooperate directorship with an arms company that provides security for the charity arm. Under the agreement in Copenhagen,benprossor cooperation can operate in south Sudan only to protect the relief efforts. I have documented evidence of benprossor corps in areas that the refuge relief centers were not. I can't prove it but I suspect that prosercorp is using the charity to justify it's presence in south Sudan. "He said.
"I assume they are selling to both sides in the conflict?"she asked. "That is what I suspect. "He said. "So the relief group does what it claims to do?"she asked. "As far as donations going to Sudanese people,they are great. I suspect it is a front !"he said.
"With everything I have seen,I have to advise the church to not support the s.s.r.f. I am going to ruffle some feathers . "she said.
"I don't deny the quandry your in. There are not Manny relief groups operating there. "He said.
"Do you know why they are doing this?"tess asked. "That I have not determined yet. It could be for a multitude of reasons. " tester said.
"I will study the documents you have given to me. I have some time before I have to give a report to the deacons but people are getting antsy. " she said.
"I gave you a list of people who have done investigative work on the group.please contact them !"he said."I will!"she said.
Sudenly outside several police cars arrived on the property. The two were startled. Detective Morgan and Greer went up the stairs.
They opened the door. "Hi detective!"tess said. "Who is this?"Morgan asked. "Josh tester ,he is an independent journalist and blogger. He is consulting with me on a case. "Tess said.
"Can we talk in private ?"Greer asked."ok!"tess said. Tess was really confused. Why were they hear. She went over to a corner with the two detectives. "We no longer think that this was a break in gone bad. We think he got the wrong house !"Morgan said. "We think that you were the target !"Greer said.
"Me?"she asked. "The descendent was stalking you. He had a shrine in your horror. Look we need to put you into protective custody."he said.
"Why? The man is dead. The threat is over is it not?"she asked. "I think so. I am not taking a chance. Until we are sure I want you protected. I want to know what we are feeling with. "Morgan declared.
While she was reluctant to go along with this,she knew she really did not have a choice. Her experience with law enforcement taught her not to challenge them on things like this. She was not totally sure that the detectives fear was unwarranted.
She would not admit it but she was not sure she was totally safe. She was not sure her family was safe. She decided not to fight it too much.
"Look we want to get you out of this house. Is there some place you can go a relative?"Greer asked. "My mom lives in the next town over. " she said. "Call her. See you can go there.we want to check the house for servalience devices explosives anything else." Morgan said .
"Alright! I suppose I have to tell my husband.he is going to freak out!"she declared. "We want to get him protection as well. "Greer said. "I figured. "She said. "Do you want us to tell him or do you want to tell him?"grer asked. "He will flip out either way!"she said.
"Look the guy with you. The blogger. You trust him?"Morgan asked. "I have known him for years. He is a good guy. Are you just being cacious?"she asked. "I never assume anything. "Morgan said.
She called her mom. She got pwrmison to stay at her house. She called her husband. They met at a church picnic. She was very girlie at least in civilian life. As s child her Barbie doles were spies who stoped Ken who was a Hamas sleeper cell member from killing a tedy bear who was the Israeli ambassador but any ways.
He did not tell her that she had been in the military. She had left before they met. She did not tell him until they had bean on a few dates. He hardly knew what a gun looked like. She suspected were he not a fundy,he would be a liberal anti gun activist. 
He wanted to be the bread winner.he was a c.p.a and made good money.he could provide for her. She did not have to work. He wanted her to be a stay at home mom but she wanted to work. They compromised.she could work from home. Her cases had to be back check grounds nothing dangerous . no James bond stuf he said. "Try and stop me!"he said. "They are just being carefull. "She said. " I'm not reassured yet Tessa pod!" he said. "I tried. Don't panic brad! "She said. "I am coming to the house. We can go to gloria's house from there together. "He said. "I knew that. Brad your going to stay calm right?"she said. "Yes I am. "He said. "Ok ! I will see you soon. I love you!"She said. "I love you!"he said.
While she teased him over his protective nature and his less then macho narure,she knew that there was nothing he would not do to protect her and there kids. She knew if they were in danger ,no threat stood a chance against him.
While she would never admit it,she was spooked. She knew that the detectives were not convinced that the threat was over and neither was she. 
End of part three.

No comments:

Post a Comment